Energy for Change: Interfaith Action for Clean Energy and Healthy Communities
1) Write. Click here to send a letter to the incoming Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Director, Gina McCarthy.
2) Call. See talking points and details here (click to enlarge):
3) Tweet. On Twitter? Tweet @EPAgov to ask for a clean energy future today.
“@EPAgov: As a person of faith, I care about healthy communities and a healthy environment. Stop destructive mountaintop removal today!” Click to tweet this message.
“@EPAgov: We can have both a healthy environment AND healthy jobs. It’s time for a clean energy future!” Click to tweet this message.
“@EPAgov: End mountaintop removal, place strong limits on greenhouse gas pollution, and address the threat of climate change immediately.” Click to tweet this message.
About the Witness
The Standing on the Side of Love Team has been working with our interfaith and community partners in Kentucky and West Virginia leading up to the Unitarian Universalist Association’s General Assembly in Louisville, Kentucky from June 19-23, 2013.
We are excited to partner with Kentucky Interfaith Power and Light (KIPL), this years’ service project and Sunday collection recipient, and other local and regional organizations. To learn more about KIPL, or one of the other 40 state affiliates of Interfaith Power and Light, check them out at www.interfaithpowerandlight.org.
We are exploring issues of environmental justice and we are standing on the side of love with communities that have been adversely affected by fossil fuel extraction. Click here for more information on this year’s public witness at General Assembly.
- Visit www.uua.org/environment to learn more about taking General Assembly home.
- Learn more about where your energy comes from here.
- Find out what your connection is to mountain top removal via iLoveMountains.org.
- Learn more about local Kentucky environmental justice advocacy via our partners at Kentucky Interfaith Power and Light.
- To find an Interfaith Power and Light affiliate near you, visit www.interfaithpowerandlight.org.
- Check out our blog series on standing on the side of love and environmental justice.
- Not going to General Assembly? No worries–you can incorporate issues of environmental justice in your own congregation and community. Click here for more ideas.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.