Share the Love Sunday
Sunday, February 16, 2014 will mark the end of our thirty days of social justice action and demonstrations of courageous love. We invite you to celebrate this journey with your congregation by holding a special worship service. Give a sermon about what standing on the side of love means to you, share readings about the power of compassion, or take a collection to support this wonderful work.
Services can reflect upon what it means for your congregation to stand on the side of love. Congratulate your congregants for their hard work for justice and love during the past thirty days, as well as throughout the year. Raise up exceptional projects and honor those who have made a difference in your community with a Courageous Love Award. Sing and rejoice in the collective power of our faith and this movement for Love. And encourage your congregation to receive a special offering to support our movement. We invite you to plan a service on February 16 or any other date that works with your calendar.
Congregational collections will support the Unitarian Universalist Association and all of its programs, including Standing on the Side of Love. Thank you for your generosity and passion. Please help us Share the Love!
Contact us at email@example.com or (202) 393-2255 with questions about holding a worship service or taking a collection.
- National Standing on the Side of Love Day Worship Packet
- Sample Sermons
- How to Receive an Offering
- Standing on the Side of Love Small Group Discussion Guide
- Courageous Love Award Resources
- Thirty Days of Love Theological Reflection Guide
- Collection of Inspirational Quotes
- Order of Service Insert
- Sample Text for Congregational Newsletters
- Multigenerational Resources for Congregational Worship, Reflection, and Action