Standing on the Side of Love Themed Materials
Are you interested in creating SSL themed materials for your congregation or social justice group? Wondering where to begin? You’ve found the right place to start!
First, though, we want you to know that we offer a wide variety of SSL materials for sale through the UUA Bookstore. We hope that you will be able to find what you want there. If an item is for sale through our UUA Bookstore, please purchase it there or contact us with questions. We would also love to hear from you with suggestions for new SSL products.
We ask that you not create SSL products on your own if the item is available from the UUA Bookstore. Income from Bookstore sales funds the work of our Association, including the Standing on the Side of Love campaign.
Now a note on how we have created our SSL campaign materials: in keeping with our UU values and the goals of the SSL campaign, we try as much as possible to use either local or union-made materials and to ensure that the workers who produce our SSL campaign materials are compensated fairly and responsibly. If your organization accepts our license to create your own SSL materials as described below, we ask that you follow these principles of fairness and responsibility.
Our SSL materials include the words “Standing on the Side of Love”, the “heart” design, and each of the design elements shown below (collectively, the “Marks”). Please note that “Standing on the Side of Love” is a federally registered trademark and the other materials are protected by trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws. We have taken these measures to ensure that the words and images of our SSL campaign cannot be misused by groups who do not share the values and goals of the campaign.
If you are the representative of a UU congregation or a social justice group that supports one of the initiatives of our Standing on the Side of Love campaign, and you would like to create materials bearing our Marks that are not available through our Bookstore, the UUA grants you a limited license to do so on the following terms:
- You may use the Marks only on materials to be distributed or sold to members of your congregation or organization, not for items for sale to the general public and not for any commercial purpose;
- You may use the Marks only in the styles and formats described below in our Style Guide;
- You may add the name of your congregation or non-profit organization to the item on which you reproduce our Mark(s), but you may not add any other wording or design without our prior written permission;
- You may use the Marks only to promote the initiatives of the SSSL campaign;
- You may not use the Marks in any manner that contradicts the initiatives of the SSL campaign or that the UUA considers offensive;
- The UUA can revoke this license at any time upon notice;
- The UUA reserves all rights in the Marks not specifically granted here.
If you would like to use any of the Marks for any other purpose or in any manner other than described here, you must first obtain our written permission. Request should be addressed to Jennifer Toth (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nora Rasman (email@example.com)
The Standing on the Side of Love Team
The following is our “Style Guide”:
The following are several permitted variations and formats of our Marks. Any reproduction of these should conform to the following font and color criteria:
RGB colors: 253/163/17
Hex Code: #FCA311
Font: Scala Sans